Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Women in the Word


Something I've been thinking about lately was a post weekly on Women in the Word. It's something that I feel God laid on my heart a few weeks ago and I've been pondering what to do with it. So, for now, I'm going to start by sharing some of my favorite scriptures and see where God takes us on this journey. I'm excited to see where He goes with this and what comes out of it.
The Word is important. It is our lifeline, our guidebook so to speak on how to live in a world that is not our home. It's an "instruction" manual that helps us get through tough times, good times, and those times we're not sure where else to go. 

So, here's the first of many I hope to come, "Women in the Word"/ or "Wednesdays in the Word"(not sure where it's headed). 

Jeremiah 29:11
If you know me, you've heard me talk about this verse. It has to be one of my all time favorite verses.

It says:

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

God has a plan for our future. God did not create you to be just another woman in this world. He created you with a specific purpose, a specific plan for your life. He came to give you a hope and a future beyond what you can even imagine. 

As women it's hard to face the day sometimes. We are constantly bombarded with pictures and images and even words of what we "should" do  or how we "should" look and act. If you go against that society norm then you're looked at as strange. God did not create us to fit in. He did not create us to conform to this world's normal. 

Be encouraged today that God has created you with a specific purpose in mind. He has made you to be a woman of God, to be different from those around you, to have a hope and a future and to SHARE that hope with others. 

Don't ever let  yourself believe you're not good enough or smart enough to change the world. God has changed the world with people who were not educated, who didn't have the best of the best. God used those who were willing and He made them able. 

God's plan for you is not one of harm, downtrodden hearts, and a beat down attitude. God's plan for you is hope. God's plan for you is love beyond all you could imagine. His plan for you is to be prosperous and to give you a future you never dreamed possible. 

As you go through the rest of this week, let this verse speak to you, speak over you, and encourage you. God has a plan for you. He knows your future before you even get there. 

Be blessed this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!